DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Sterile Processing Manager to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress - Houston, Texas
Sterile Processing Manager
HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress is a 139-licensed bed, general acute care hospital. Our services include the latest, state-of-the-art medical technology and equipment, well-respected area physicians, and an upscale five-star hotel-like ambiance. Designed with patients and physicians in mind, HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress aims to be the hospital of choice for the northwest corridor.
HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What will you do in the role?
• Under the direction of the Director of Surgical Services, responsible for planning, organizing and directing the daily activities of the Sterile Processing Department.
• Provides feedback to the Director of Surgical Services regarding budgetary considerations, staff evaluations and opportunities for improvement.
• Demonstrates and remains current with specialized knowledge of instrument care and sterilization standards.
• Manages and coordinates all sterilization processes. Ensures strict adherence of bacteriologic testing and storage of records according to federal, state, and local agencies.
• Responsible for ensuring Sterile Processing policies and procedures are actual, current, and up to date.
• Schedules and maintains staffing levels within productivity guidelines and to meet the needs of the facility.
• Oversees and reports Sterile Processing Unit's Performance Improvement activities through identification of opportunities and applying principles of performance improvement to effect meaningful improvement within the department and with other service areas, as appropriate.
• Identifies and coordinates unit-specific education, reference resources and training to meet the identified needs of the staff and the department.
• Reviews and maintains required employee records for in-services, evaluations and time-keeping.
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership and ongoing evaluation of the SPD equipment, supplies, throughput of items/instrumentation, staffing, time management, decreasing waste and promoting cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
• Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
• Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, unit staff, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
• Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
• Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
• To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
• BS in health care related field is preferred.
What qualifications you will need:
• Prior Central/Sterile Processing experience required.
• One year in OR setting preferred.
• Maintains CRST Certification (Certified Registered Central Service Technician), or equivalent, and/or CST (Certified Scrub Technician)
• Three to Five years of Supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website