DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Do you have the career opportunities as a Hospital Laboratory Director you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA is offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for this role!
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Hospital Laboratory Director where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Directs operations, programs and activities to meet organizational and regulatory requirements and to drive innovation.
- Ensures adequate and qualified staffing for the department through timeliness and consistency of staff hiring, orientation, competency, training, performance feedback and performance management.
- Develops and recognizes staff through coaching and regular feedback.
- Serves as a role model for employee output and conduct.
- Sets and executes department strategies to meet goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial, patient satisfaction and personnel management.
- Proactively and regularly seeks feedback and input from internal and external sources.
- Evaluates and incorporates feedback into the department improvement and planning process to improve care delivery.
- Oversees the financial operation for the laboratory by monitoring resource utilization, identifying variances and opportunities, and adjusting as needed to meet service and fiscal goals. Prepares Monthly Operating Review report.
- Assures compliance with standards set forth by accrediting agencies: CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, FDA and CMS. Develops and implements policies and procedures and verifies annual review of all policies and procedures.
- Manages key vendor relationships and supply contracts in coordination with Laboratory Services and Supply Chain guidance.
- Develops and implements a communication plan to ensure that department personnel are well informed. Fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff regarding department operations
- Directs and organizes operations through the appropriate, delegation of responsibilities and authority in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures
- Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology, Biomedical Science, Biology or Chemistry required.
- Master's Degree preferred
- National Certification as a Medical Technologist required,
- 7 years of progressive laboratory management experience is required with complex laboratory operations • Hospital clinical laboratory experience preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been a leader of medical care in Pasadena for more than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is a full-service acute care hospital and emergency room in Pasadena, Texas. Our 345-bed facility employs 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
We also offer additional locations for specific services, such as women's care and emergency care:
- Our Southeast Houston and Pasadena women's care centers provide expert gynecologic and prenatal care, including midwifery services and state-of-the-art neonatal intensive care unit.
- HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast's 24 Hour Emergency Care Center off of Fairmont provides patients with cutting-edge diagnostics, employer relations services and experienced staff ready to treat you when you need it most.
- The HCA Houston ER 24/7 in North Channel provides year round care with board certified physicians, diagnostics and experienced clinical staff.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expen
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Hospital Laboratory Director opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website