Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system, under supervision of Physician and by prescription, by performing the following duties:
- Assembles and cleans all patient care equipment.
- Assist with orienting and training new employees and students.
- Expectations Ethics and Compliance: All employees will be held accountable for behaviors displayed relative to the values articulated in the Mission and Values Statement. “Will act with absolute honest, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” All employees will be held accountable for attending training regarding the Code of Conduct program at least annually.
- Performs Arterial Blood Gases.
- Performs bedside Spirometry, and adheres to respiratory care protocols, (Incentive Spirometry, IPPB, Meter Dose Inhalers, etc).
- Responsible accurate department charting.
- Responsible for all Emergency Calls.
- Sets up and administers Aerosol or oxygen therapy. (Nasal Cannula, Ventmask, Partial or Non-Rebreather, simple oxygen mask, Cool Mist vaporizer, face tent, etc). adhering to the age specific requirements.
- Sets up and administers: (IPPB, NEB, Breathing EX., CPT) adhering to the age specific requirements.
- Sets up and maintains Ventilator.
- The technician is responsible for maintaining patient files.
- The technician will apply and remove 24 hour Holter Monitors.
- The technician will be required to perform Diagnostic 12 lead ECG's.
- Transport patient in wheelchair or stretcher and educates Rehab patients when necessary.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required with 6 months of hire date and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within 3 months of hire date.
What qualifications you will need:
License / Certifications / Requirements:
- Requires RRT certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Must be licensed by the state of Texas as a "Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner".
- Current BLS , ACLS and PALS certifications required.
- NRP certification required for RRT assigned to Nursery.
- New Hires must obtain ACLS, PALS and NRP within 6 months of hire date.
- High School graduate
- Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Therapy Technician Program and credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Performance at this level is limited to 12 months from the date this level is granted and requires successful attainment of the Registry Licensure within this 12 months. Otherwise, the incumbent will be reclassified to the CRT level including adjustment of salary and duties.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is a full-service 340+ bed acute care hospital in Pasadena, Texas. We have been a leader of medical care in Pasadena for more than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare. HCA Houston Southeast is the only hospital in Pasadena with both Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Primary PCI and Resuscitation by the American College of Cardiology and full accreditation by The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website