Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse - PRN - Nursery you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball!Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe, professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
- Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
- Prioritize work and duties and work well under stressful situations
- Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
- Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process, prioritizes care and evaluates outcome caring for and stabilizing premature and term neonates with critical medical and surgical conditions
- Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and cost containment
- Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations.
- Delegate's patient care to license/ non-licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
- Participates in Performance Improvement activity
What qualifications you will need:
- 1 + years of recent or current Nursery experience required
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required or must be currently enrolled.
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required
- American Heart Association NRP certification within 90 days of hire.
- Six months to one year of clinical experience.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball has provided quality healthcare to Tomball, Magnolia and Northwest Houston communities since 1948. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, our 350+ bed hospital is on a 150-acre campus that features designated specialty centers: The Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, the Heart and Vascular Center and the Texas Sports Medicine Center. Our services include a Level III Trauma Center, advanced robotic surgery program with 24/7 service, Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, comprehensive Women's Services and Labor & Delivery unit with Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), orthopedic care including joint replacement, and much more. We are committed to providing quality healthcare while making a difference in our patients' lives. Through exceptional technology and specialized medical staff, area residents receive a full range of medical services, close to home. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse - PRN - Nursery opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website