Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare West which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare West, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Perform diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care Services scope of clinical practice. Work performed in accordance with physician orders and hospital policies and guidelines. Defined duties are performed in neonatal, pediatric and adult patient populations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Completion of a 2 or 4 year AMA approved respiratory care program (Associates Degree or Bachelors) or currently enrolled in an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program, and registry eligible.
LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
* Texas State Licensure (RCP)
* RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) by the National Association for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
* Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) within 180 days
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 180 days (if working in the NICU)
* BLS ACLS, PALS– must be American Heart Association
No Travel Travel Required
No experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service, 300+ bed hospital that has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston communities for over 30 years. We proudly provide Houston residents with exceptional healthcare, including a vast-array of medical services from board-certified doctors and nationally accredited departments. We are recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and under an affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we are able to bring our community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, provide additional services to meet the needs of our community. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website