Job Purpose: This position is the secondary point of contact responsible for supporting the Individual Life and Annuity lines of business administered by a third-party vendor. Ensure proper operational standards are met through monitoring and research of administrative changes. Work with business units throughout Dearborn Group to ensure that business unit requirements are met including business continuity planning, records retention, and audit. Duties include researching incoming special requests, supporting internal audit's evaluation of the third-party vendor, preparing, and analyzing specific reports to support the individual life of business, evaluating any updates to administrative processes relative to compliance requirements and financial performance of product. THIS IS A PART TIME ROLE. THIS ROLE WILL BE A FLEX ROLE WORKING SOME DAYS FROM HOME AND SOME IN THE OFFICE. SCHEDULE AND DAYS CAN BE FLEXIBLE.
- Ensure that all business processes for all business units are executed according to the contract entered into between Dearborn Life Insurance Company and the third-party vendor and the process documentation defined during the transition process.
- Research incoming special requests to provide source information to evaluate costs and charges related to ongoing administration and any that relate to administrative procedure changes.
- Support Internal Audit evaluation of third-party vendor.
- Perform special ad hoc reports for regulatory or audit requests.
- Prepare and analyze specific reports that are needed to support the lines of business subject to third party vendor.
- Evaluate any updates in approaches to assure compliance requirements and report findings to Relationship Manager.
- Evaluate any updates or changes in administrative processes needed that will affect the financial performance of the products.
- Work with the Relationship manager to effectively manage all relationships between the third-party vendor and individuals within Dearborn Life Insurance Company business units that continue to be responsible for overall business oversight of the individual annuity and life product lines.
- Work with internal resources on business continuity planning, records retention and audit.
- Prepare and assure effective coordination of required client communications, legal compliance requirements, external relationships related to the individual lines, i.e., Standard and Poor's, NAIC, AM Best and iPipeline
- Coordinate company website updates for changes in basic life and annuity forms required to conduct business with our client base.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years life and annuity experience OR 9 years of life insurance and annuity experience.
* Knowledge of the life insurance and annuity business (products, systems, process).
* Project Management experience with small projects.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Analytical, organized and a self-starter.
* Experience working with all levels of management.
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
* PC proficiency to include but not limited to MS Office.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Life insurance and annuity operations experience.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website