We are currently seeking an S + T Interior Design Professional with experience in Space Planning and an interest in Lab Planning to join our team. As an Interior Design Professional, you are responsible for basic interior design assignments and working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases.
- Develop concept plans
- Modifies and prepares production drawings during design development phase.
- Corrects and updates design documents.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Participates in user group meetings (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for laboratory specifications in technical facilities.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients' program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Assists in the design development, modification and/or review of laboratory planning concepts and solutions.
- Assists in developing project scope, plan, and services during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Assists in establishing overall project budgets and milestone schedules in coordination with project managers, architect and project engineers.
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Develops architectural drawings and specifications to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project. May lead this effort.
- May lead periodic project meetings and presentations; ensure client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- Assists in the development of standard materials that describe the portfolio, systems, processes and people of the Science + Technology Group.
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
- May prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and build models for client/project team review.
- Possess basic hand and computer-aided design drafting skills.
- Possess space planning skills and an interest in programming.
- Basic knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Basic knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to carryout design intent.
- Basic knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent.
- 2 to 5 years' experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. Prior experience/internship in an architectural firm is highly desirable.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Apply on company website