We are currently seeking a Sr Structural Project Engineer to join our team. As a Sr Structural Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of large building projects, including managing and mentoring the team of engineers in a particular discipline on the project, developing concepts and budgets, and producing the design.
Projects (approximately 85% of Senior Structural Project Engineer's time)
Perform roll of lead structural engineer for small to medium sized projects (less than $80m in construction cost) from concept and schematic design to construction documents to construction administration. Perform role of project structural engineer for segments of large (over $100m) projects, supporting a Lead Structural Engineer.
- Lead a team of structural engineering staff as part of the aforementioned project roles; assign, monitor and review work of structural engineering staff on associated projects.
- Ensure the completeness, correctness and accuracy of own work, and of supporting engineering staff on associated projects.
- Lead and perform design coordination with other disciplines using industry standard BIM software for associated projects or portions of projects.
- Deliver quality projects on time and within budget. Perform internal structural peer reviews of other engineer's projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- Perform site visit surveys to determine engineering strategies for renovation, and to document and evaluate existing structural systems.
- Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.Project Management and Technical Improvement (approximately 10% of Senior Structural Project Engineer's time)
Project Management and Technical Improvement (approximately 10% of Senior Structural Project Engineer's time)
- Develop and update project manpower estimates, and monitor project time and budget as projects progress.
- Establish and agree project schedules and standards for delivery.
- Progress the office-wide and firm-wide development of typical details, specifications, and drawing standards, including Revit standards in coordination with the BIM team.
- Keep abreast of industry and technology changes and trends, and recommend updates to approach and services as appropriate.
- Improve the analysis and design processes used by the engineering team through exploration and application of new tools.
- Foster a commitment to external and internal client service.
Business Development (approximately 5% of Senior Structural Project Engineer's time)
- Support business development and marketing through preparation of write-ups of key aspects of projects and presentation of work at industry events.
- Prepare structural engineering fee estimates and assumptions for potential projects.
- Work with architects to develop concepts for project competitions and to produce submission documents.
- Ability to engineer and deliver projects over $100m.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple practices across HOK's organization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form, with an understanding of industry communication protocols.
- Must be able to inspire owners and designers
- Set, monitor and deliver to budgets.
- Project team leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong multi-disciplinary project team leadership
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
- Expert in current sustainable technologies applicable to the particular engineering discipline.
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with analysis programs – SAP, ETABS, SAFE, GSA, or similar.
- Engineering of steel and concrete superstructures, including long span or high rise.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering degree, Master's degree preferred
- Licensed SE in states with SE license; PE or CE / PE in other states
- LEED credential or willingness to obtain LEED credential within 6 months of employment
- Involvement with the engineering of recent successful major projects with construction costs over $100m; one major project over $250m preferred.
- 8- years project engineering experience, from design development to opening, with at least one completed high-profile project
- Work with integrated multi-discipline teams
- Involvement in design and delivery of LEED Silver or higher projects preferred
- Design of architecturally significant buildings preferred
- Work with a variety of project types in commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation, and healthcare sectors preferred.
- Completion of complex and advanced structural analyses using industry standard software.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Apply on company website