Requisition Number: 68546
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
Dynamic and detail orientated accounting position, requiring an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and general ledger accounting coupled with knowledge of large company business processes. The successful candidate will possess the ability to research, interpret and document complex technical accounting issues and effectively communicate through written and verbal channels while embracing a team environment.
The position focuses on technical accounting and external financial reporting and analysis.
- Research, interpret and document technical accounting issues.
- Assist in the preparation of accounting policies and procedure for various business processes to ensure proper recording of transactions.
- Assist in review of sales contracts for proper accounting of contracts with customers under new revenue recognition standard.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Perform internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
- Perform monthly and quarterly financial reporting analyses.
- Assist with coordination of external annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests related to responsibilities.
- Identify and drive continuous process improvement efforts.
- Various ad-hoc analysis and special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 4 years of experience in Accounting & Finance functions.
- CPA or CMA, required.
- Experience in external financial reporting a plus.
- Experience working for a public accounting firm or publicly held company a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with various organizational levels.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Effectively work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline orientated environment.
- General knowledge of information technology (networks, operating systems, business applications, web technology, databases).
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the CRN Solution Provider 500
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona; now celebrating our 30th anniversary and operating in 20 countries
- $6.7 billion in revenue for 2017
- 6,800+ teammates worldwide working with 5,300+ partners
- 2017 Arizona’s Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), #7 2017 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal)
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 IBM Geography Excellence Award as the Top National Strategic Business Partner in North America, Microsoft’s largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Tempe, AZ ||
Apply on company website