Sr. Data Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
We are looking for a Data Engineer for the Enterprise Data Organization to build and manage data pipeline (Data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for Azure cloud based data platform. The candidate will require to possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills. Ideal candidate will have familiarity with data transformation, data modeling, Master data management, and Meta data management.
- Design, develop and maintain reliable automated data solutions based on the identification, collection and evaluation of business requirements. Including but not limited to data models, database objects, stored procedures and views.
- Developing new and enhancing existing data processing (Data Ingest, Data Transformation, Data Store, Data Management, Data Quality ) components
- Engage with IT teams such as DBAs, Security, Storage and Networking when their involvement is required to meet the project needs.
- Support and troubleshoot the data environment (including periodically on call)
- Document technical artifacts for developed solutions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- BS in either Information Systems, Finance/Mathematics, or Computer Science or similar field
- 10+ Years
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with different teams within the organization. Requires an ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships.
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Experience of working in a matrix organization, self-driven. A go getter and a problem solver.
- Ability to prioritize, work to deadlines, work under pressure. Results oriented, flexible, adaptable.
- Work well independently, and be a team player.
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the box while defining sound and practical solutions. Ability to master new skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with effective influencing skills.
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
- 5+ years professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real time data pipelines using Spark, PySpark, Python, SQL, Java
- 8+ Years of hands-on design and development experience in data space : data processing / data transformation using ETL tools, data warehouse (data modeling, programming), RDBMS
- Exposure in Microsoft technologies like SSIS, SQL Server, SSRS
- Experience with a DevOps model utilizing a CI/CD tool
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- Hands-on Talend work experience (anyone with this skill will have an advantage over other candidates)
- Understanding of data science and visualization technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Databricks)
- Experience working on a cloud environment, preferably, Microsoft Azure
- Cloud Data Warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Azure DW)
- NoSQL databases and modeling (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB)
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes more than 11,200 Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, SONIC Drive-In, Rusty Taco and Jimmy John's locations worldwide.
We are creating a family of brands with maverick qualities, each with their own distinct positioning, guest experience, and product offering. Our brands are diverse, distinctive, and fan favorites. In a sense, you could say we seek those who provide something different than the norm.
Apply on company website