Your role in helping us to shape the future:
We are seeking a high energy Sales Director to identify, develop, and manage new and ongoing business. You will be a key member of our sales team focusing on International Government and Professional Satellite Services segments of Intelsat's business in Europe.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage important and well-established customers and close high value deals.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Apply your new business talent and experience to identify new opportunities and customers among government entities and commercial satellite companies in Europe.
- Negotiate and close complex new deals and generate revenue growth.
- Provide stellar customer service as the principal person for your client group and coordinate with other departments as needed.
- Share your advanced knowledge and expertise of your customers and region to provide guidance to your work group.
- Use your excellent business acumen to assist the Managing Sales Director to develop and implement sales plans and to ultimately meet or exceed the objectives of your team.
- Showcase your leadership skills to coordinate activities of other employees, and to determine procedures and methods for capturing and closing business deals.
- Provide reports and advise Intelsat management on issues and sales activities related to your customers and region.
- Keep existing and potential customers up to date with the latest Intelsat products, services, proposals, and marketing materials. Work with your clients to help uncover new or not-yet-realized opportunities and requirements.
- You will need to provide regular reports to your manager on the status of your projects/accounts and update the information in Salesforce.
- You must intimately know Intelsat's products and sales services applicable for your customers.
- You will be required to travel extensively within your assigned country and region, as well as make occasional trips, when required, to the United States.
You should definitely have:
- A 4-year university degree.
- At least 7 years sales of experience in telecommunications and/or satellite communications, with strong satellite related expertise, and demonstrated ability to support the full sales lifecycle.
- Ability to close standard deals autonomously. Specific experience closing high-value, complex deals working with a range of international military and government customers.
- Experience managing and developing channel partners.
- A solid network of business contacts with European government entities, commercial satellite companies, service providers, and/or others within the industry (specifically covering France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, NATO, and European Union).
- The ability to identify, build, and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities. Experience maintaining accurate information in a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, such as accounts, opportunities, pipeline, and forecasts.
- Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Initiative, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Effective English language skills both oral and written with the ability to create and deliver successful presentations.
- Great planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40% to meet the business needs.
It would be nice if you had:
- The ability to obtain a UK Government security clearance. Active Security Check clearance preferred.
- Developed world market experience.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English.
- Additional years of experience.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Apply on company website