Buyer position for a 6 to 8 Month project. Location Milpitas, CA. Pay rate $33 per hour.
Buyer will manages the flow, accuracy and timely logistics of material from the point of receiving purchased material to the point of shipping a finished product. He/she performs a variety of duties to identify, visually inspect, evaluate, receive, record, count and distribute goods/materials from and to various internal and external sources.
- Support customer quotation during project acquisition phase.
- Influences proactively the cost structure in a positive way with alternative/potential methods and suppliers
- Analyses the market and collects the requirements for the future
- Drive Tooling and Customer projects from Customer Request until Release at Final Location
- Accountable for execution of projects according customer timing
- Drives complex ad hoc queries and work autonomously on assigned projects
- Coordinates communication of changes between core team, commodities, supply chain, suppliers, engineering, quality and competence centers
- Coordinate risk assessments organize and lead supplier component reviews
- Responsible to negotiate quotations with a significant impact to meet project target
- Responsible for a proper hand over of projects and tasks to commodity buyers
- Responsible to coordinate product line related saving projects within procurement
- Identifies and drives process improvements and updates or creates the required documentation
- Initiate quotation requests to internal and external suppliers for project specific investment, tools and purchased parts
- Several years' experience in procurement
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with excellent analysis and problem solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proven track record in Negotiation skills
- Broad technical understanding of production processes
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multi-cultural team
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focus and continuous improvement attitude
- Knowledge in the use of SAP or other MRP system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website