PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Buyer is responsible to plan and procure material requirements to drive lowest possible overall cost, drive year over year productivity savings and inventory reduction commitments for assigned parts / vendors. Plays a vital role in improving Customer Service levels and lead-time reduction using and MRP systems.
- Utilizing MRP requirements for assigned components into a material plan to ensure proper inventory levels are available to meet customer demand
- Organizes and implement sourcing productivity projects for assigned parts / commodities
- Works with Purchasing Manager to identify best sourcing options based on availability and pricing
- Manages optimal inventory levels for assigned materials using sales forecasts and available reports in SAP
- Expedites open orders as required and maintains the current commitments within SAP
- Utilizing information available in SAP promptly identifies any delays or supply problems to communicate those to management.
- Monitors past due purchase orders to ensure supplier performance and part availability
- Develops partnerships with vendors; Evaluates and manages vendor performance to minimize quality issues and past due purchase orders
- Addresses all receiving, invoicing , and paperwork issues
- Ensures Key Supply Chain metrics are maintained
- Assists in prompt disposition of Non-Conforming materials
- Assists management in developing a more robust and efficient Supply Chain process
- Manage assigned AP bench exceptions and all other vendor payment issues
- May require up to 15% travel
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor-s degree preferred
Work Experience Required:
- 5+ years of manufacturing planning, inventory management and purchasing experience
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Excellent communication skills, works with all levels of associates
- Results driven with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
- Consistently demonstrates highest level of personal ethical conduct
- Strong analytical skills, bias for action, strong problem solving skills
- Proven procurement and negotiation skills
- Experience working with JIT and Kanban
- Basic computer knowledge with MS Office
- SAP experience a plus
- Team based work philosophy
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website