Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Food Scientist for one of our top clients near Austin,TX. This company is a consistent leader in its field and is highly respected for its high-quality goods and scope of products and services. This is a Direct Hire opportunity and all candidates that meet the requirements below are encouraged to apply.
As part of R&D team, the Food or Meat Scientist will lead product development activities at the manufacturing site; leveraging knowledge in order to influence the manufacturing process, increase productivity, ensure quality, and deliver upon new product objectives. This individual must also be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that milestones and deliverables are met.
- Develop bench-top samples according to customer specifications.
- Coordinate and perform line trials within production.
- Identify, develop and validate manufacturing processes leveraging meat science knowledge to achieve productivity, quality and new product objectives.
- Develop and manage timelines for all projects.
- Work closely with manufacturing to ensure that key operational metrics are obtained for productivity and new product startups.
- Work closely with R&D across sites to ensure that key product requirements are identified and delivered leveraging scientific skills.
- Generate new ideas for product improvements and new products.
- Develop parameters ensuring production process capabilities.
- Ensure that KPS's criteria are developed, specified and achieved.
- Develop product and process specifications for new and/or existing products.
- Prepare and input information into product specification system.
- Develop accurate specifications for new products.
- Actively participate in multiple cross functional teams.
- Serve as the technical expert coordinating between R&D, operations, marketing, and procurement.
- Identify, develop, validate and commercialize cost optimized solutions.
- B.S.- Meat Science/ Food Science or another technical related field
- 3+ years of relevant meat industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with beef, chicken formulation development or RTE products or raw marinated proteins
- Must be comfortable working in refrigerated production atmosphere
- Up to 20% travel
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, please apply online for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website