Job Title: Hardware Systems Engineer
Location: Claremont, CA
Environment: In office
Hours: Monday - Friday; 7am - 4pm
Salary: $80,000+ (DOE) + annual performance review
If you are an upcoming/recent Engineering Graduate who wants to gain experience in the Aerospace industry then keep reading!
Seeking a Hardware Systems engineer to apply principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, electrical and computer science to the design, development, and testing of electrical hardware, software applications for computers.
Responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by the company and many upcoming technically refreshed programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and direct software, electrical system validation and testing methods.
- Support of software programming initiatives.
- Development of documentation.
- Work closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Manage software development lifecycle.
- Monitor system performance.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build cohesion among teams.
- Develop and execute project plans.
- Apply mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Create innovative solutions to meet our company's technical needs.
- Test new software and fix bugs.
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Develop test prototypes.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Use design software to develop models and drawing of new products.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative department
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation/decomposition of hardware technical requirements documentation
- Ensure appropriate traceability of hardware technical requirements
- Create and support the creation of risk management documentation such as DFMEA
- Assess and characterize technologies that will meet our business needs
- Lead projects and communicate project status to cross-functional audience
- Lead reviews of hardware technical requirements, risk management documentation, and hardware technical reviews
- Lead and direct technical discussions to gain agreement
- Define hardware system component integration
- Maintain hardware system configuration through engineering change management
- Support the creation of verification and validation planning and protocols
- Support verification and validation data analysis and troubleshooting
- Create and update system configuration documentation
- Support creation and update of hardware installation documentation
- Mentor junior engineers
- Lead process improvements for the hardware systems engineering group
Work with project team to create and set schedules
- Serve as technical lead on projects
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or related engineering discipline. Strong knowledge and direct experience in applying Systems Engineering principles
- Requirements for writing and presentations
- Risk management and documentation
- System integration
- System Architecture definition
- Technology Solutions
- Ability to analyze complex issues and provide solutions
- Adhere to processes and implement process improvement changes
- Experience in Verification and Validation concepts and applications
- Flexible/adaptable ability to work with a team and independently in a fast-paced and
- quickly changing environment
- Takes ownership of work and completes it efficiently and on time
- Team player who puts the success of the team first
- Ability to multi-task without losing effectiveness
- Analyzes data, evaluate results, forms conclusions, and provides/ implements process
- or document improvements
- Ability to rapidly acquire new skills and learn on the job
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website