Kelly Scientific is seeking a temp Microbiologist in Woodstock, IL! You will join a leading provider of advanced technologies and outsourced services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health industry.
6 month temp position
Shift: Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm
The position is responsible for performing microbiological analyses, in process bioburden testing, final product endotoxin and sterility testing, investigate out-of-limit or out-of-specification test results, and provide lab support for validation and business development activities.
- Compile and interpret results of microbiology and environmental monitoring tests and results.
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Robust understanding of the regulatory requirements.
- Able to compose robust investigations for microbiology, environmental monitoring and support of manufacturing investigations.
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results.
- Perform water sampling, including DI water, WFI and steam - Perform sterility testing of finished product
- Perform bioburden testing of raw materials, WFI and bulk product
- Perform bacterial endotoxin testing of WFI and bulk product
- Subculture and characterize microbial isolates using the Gram stain and differential tests such as the catalase and oxidase reaction, prepare shipments of subcultures for identification
- Perform growth promotion testing of liquid and plated media, including media fills
- Perform environmental monitoring of laboratory areas - Perform bacteriostasis/fungistasis testing to validate test methods
- Process and incubate exposed biological indicators
- Incubate and read media fills
- Identifies micro-organisms by microscopic examination of physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics.
- Receive and prepare samples and equipment for testing, including but not limited to finished product and bioburden
- Incubate and examine tests, including but not limited to bioburden, sterility, Bis and media fill units
- Enumerate bacteria; prepare shipments for outside laboratories
- Understand the science behind the above listed testing requirements, be able to clearly communicate testing requirements and expectations.
- Understand environmental monitoring, the different testing requirements and the interpretation of the results.
- Detail oriented to perform peer review of results, investigations and protocols.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, including but not limited to incubators, autoclaves, ovens, vacuum pumps; assist with qualifications and validations
- Maintain current training status on equipment and procedures
- Perform documentation per cGMP; prepare and assist with preliminary and full investigations
- Support R&D and Technical Services activities
- Assist with FDA and customer audits
- Assist with and conduct studies as requested by the Lab Supervisor
- Maintain effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have BA in Life sciences (Preferably microbiology).
- Must have instrument experience with bacterial isolate culture instrument, inoculating loop, agar plate.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong communication both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability self-manage and be able to identify new tasks and willing to take on additional tasks.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website