DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
We are seeking a hospital-based Laboratory Director like you to join our organization.
You will be based at and lead the laboratory team at Kendall Regional Medical Center. Kendall is a 417-bed, full-service hospital that has been nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a Health Grades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a “Top Performer” on key quality measures.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary and generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
What you will do in this role:
- You will lead the 24-hour operations and activities of the clinical laboratory meeting both organizational goals and regulatory requirements
- Direct and organize the operations of the hospital rapid-response laboratories
- Actively participate in strategic and budgetary planning
- Investigate, recommend and purchase equipment, supplies and instrumentation
- Provide direction to department personnel to achieve operational and technical excellence including workflow design, service quality, financial performance, and regulatory compliance
- You will be responsible to ensure weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance
- Complete and conduct interviews, hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and staff development
- Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
- Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs
- Prepare and submit capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
You should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree; Graduate Degree is helpful
- 5+ years' experience at a supervisory level in a clinical laboratory setting
- Previous director-level experience in high volume lab preferred
- A Florida Supervisor's license or the ability to obtain during interview process
- Minimum 3 licensure in the following specialty areas, licensure in 5 areas is beneficial:
- Blood Bank/Immunohematology
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications and are actively interviewing. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website