SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lafayette Regional Health Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At LRHC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefitsincluding:
· P aid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Laboratory Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Medical Technologist you are vital in determining a patient's response to medical treatment by testing blood levels, as well as matching blood types when a transfusion is necessary. A Med Tech prepares blood, urine, and tissue samples for analysis using special lab equipment and is an instrumental partner in patient care.
About this Department:
· 25 Bed Critical Access Hospital
· 40,000 to 50,000 cases per year
· Strong Teamwork and excellent cohesiveness across a close knit team
· Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
· Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988. Performs postanalytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
· Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
· Maintains a safe work area.
· Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
· Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
· Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
· Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students. Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, MLT, MT Non-registered, and MT Registered employees.
· The Medical Technologist analyzes and interprets results for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
· This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in laboratory science or related biological science required. Successful completion of an accredited MT/CLS program OR a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course OR “Grandfathered” as an MT by CLIA 88.
MT/CLS (ASCP) and as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
Lafayette Regional Health Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital, accredited by The Joint Commission, located in historic Lexington, MO, 50 miles east of Kansas City. We offer a comprehensive array of services in a small town environment. Patients enjoy the comfort of knowing they're receiving quality healthcare in their hometown. In addition to the hospital we also operate three physician clinics in Lafayette County.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website