To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of an organized school office in order to coordinate the staff and student body toward the pursuit of maximizing quality student education.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Prepare written correspondence, forms, schedules, or reports using personal computer.
- Prepare instructional materials, meeting agendas, honor rolls, graduation lists, and campus communication as requested, using personal computer.
- Maintain school calendar of events.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and maintain calendar for principal.
- Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
- Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages and route to appropriate staff.
- Maintain physical and computerized files including mailing lists, student records, visitor logs, office communication, and all activities handled through the principal's office.
- Update handbooks, policy manuals, and other documents as assigned.
- Receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
- Assist with coordination of faculty meetings and campus activities.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and supplies.
- Type, sort, copy and distribute routine letters, memos, reports, forms, compose/create letters, reports and charts.
- Maintain personnel files on all faculty, staff and administration.
- Organize and maintain a comprehensive filing system of all the activities handled through the principal's office.
- Be office manager for five office paraprofessionals.
- Organize and maintain principal's bulletin board and calendar.
- Administer medication to students, check temperatures, and notify parents of student illness in nurse's absence.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks to maintain campus budget records.
- Prepare and make cash deposits for activity accounts. Be responsible for maintenance of activity checkbooks and ledgers.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, travel forms, supplemental pay forms, procurement cards and reconciliation.
- Assist with campus budget preparation.
- Prepare and maintain budget revisions/amendments.
- Prepare campus sales tax reports.
- Type all requests and keep all records related to capital outlay.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Experience in administrative support work, preferably in public education environment.
- Knowledge of word processing, data entry, and file maintenance skills, including the ability to maintain accurate and auditable administrative, financial, and student records; basic bookkeeping/accounting principles and practices.
- Skills in organizational and interpersonal relations; emphasizing the ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with students, parents, and staff members.
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, accomplish word processing tasks, prepare presentations, and access e-mail and Internet applications.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with other employees or public. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Use standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website