LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
Dallas TX or Melbourne FLPosition Summary
The Sr Director, Quality and Operational Excellence will report functionally to the VP/GM and will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and harmonization of strategic quality processes and procedures, plans and objectives, and attainment of quality and compliance goals across all EOIS Business Unit locations. Functioning in a matrix management environment, the Dir Quality and Operational Excellence establishes and leads continuous improvement, customer satisfaction and standards that govern the design manufacture and control of our commercial and military products and ensure that improvements are captured by all business units. This role will work closely with the Corporate VP, Quality and Operational Excellence in implementing corporate led initiatives.Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's or advanced graduate degree a plus
- Engineering Design experience, Semiconductor Fabrication and/or Systems Engineering experience a strong plus
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
- Mature leader with significant experience in leadership roles in managing product quality
- Change agent / Culture agent
- Manage by influence in a highly distributed organization
- Strong understanding and experience of Engineering Systems Design and Quality principles
- Past experience in building quality organization
- Past experience in implementing and managing formal QMS (CMMI, ISO, Six Sigma)
- Past experience in implementing strong governance framework
- Must have experience in planning, developing, and executing Quality Systems initiatives in order to maintain world class Quality Systems standards.
- Strong knowledge and experience in managing design, hardware, manufacturing and supply-chain quality
- Works with Corporate and EOIS Leadership to establish EOIS Quality Policies, provides guidance, and assess appropriate levels of risk associated with specific policy requirements.
- Responsible for leading the continuous improvement program across EOIS business unit locations and establishing goals and metrics that improve efficiency and reduce costs across the organization.
- Responsible for improving quality systems by reducing complexity and increasing effectiveness.
- Seeks consensus in finding balance between implementation of best practices across businesses and business leaders
- Ensures EOIS Quality Leaders are adhering to Company policies and standards, and are working together as a team to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensures a Total Quality Management approach that drives common processes across the entire execution spectrum, with emphasis on requirement satisfaction in the design process
- Reviews business unit metrics and undertakes audits across all sites to ensure compliance on an organizational level
- Coordinate with Corporate Audit and Compliance groups on Risk and Knowledge Management
- Provide necessary assistance and technical expertise to Business Units and to projects concerning matters of quality
- Support the Business Units in CAR responses and sharing best practices
- Assures the absence of significant quality issues and regulatory compliance actions by government agencies through the design and governance of robust, efficient and consistent Corporate Quality Systems, internal and external audit programs, and inspection readiness programs.
- Proactively identifies and alerts organization of quality issues/complaints in time to resolve potential adverse effects to the customer, company image/reputation and/or the business.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external leaders across the organization (e.g., VP/GMs, Business Unit Leaders of Operations and Quality) related to quality and compliance plan issues
- Inspire, motivate and communicate vision to associates, peers, Business Unit leadership and build consensus toward adoption of and commitment to appropriate standards for Corporate Quality.
- Determine and develop quality and compliance competencies and skills needed for the on-going success of DRS with an eye towards continual building of competencies to enable the DRS vision.
- Retains and manages the development of personnel to support the on-going and progressive business needs including identifying and developing successors for critical positions.
- Evaluate the Quality Systems of suppliers and sub-contractors for selected Categories
- Building Trust and Respect/Integrity
- Business Acumen
- Communicates with Impact
- Customer Orientation
- Decision Making
- Managing the Job
- Team Development/Building Organizational Talent
- Technical Capability/Applied Learning
- Valuing Diversity/Cultural Effectiveness
- Travel 10 – 30% of the time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website