Job ID: 100625
The Leonardo DRS Airborne and Intelligence Systems business is a global leader and strategic partner committed to delivering world-class, full life-cycle defense and intelligence products that protect the security of our nation and our allies. From air combat training to state-of-the-art electronic warfare systems, our technology is deployed by virtually all U.S. military and government agencies around the world.
DRS Signal Solutions, Inc. specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location Germantown, MD
Perform moderately complex functions in the design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations. May prepare complicated plans, conduct support studies, and provide analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing operations. May assign work to drafters and/or technicians and provide guidance to lower level engineers.Job Responsibilities
- Performs moderately complex functions in the process design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of Production operations May prepare complicated plans, conduct support studies, provide analysis or tests in the development of Production operations May assign work to drafters and/or technicians and provide guidance to lower level engineers
- Assist with the design and production of next generation test platforms used in the functional testing of circuit card assemblies and DRS products including high performance tuners and radios.
- Perform measurements on DRS products using automated test equipment (spectrum analyzer, signal generators, oscilloscopes, power meters, etc…)
- Calibrate and maintain test equipment.
- Build and Troubleshoot test fixtures used in the testing of DRS products Works closely with engineering to develop and document Test Procedures (MS Office – excel, word, ppt, Visio, etc…)
- Develops manufacturing process plans, test requirements, manufacturing flow, and capacity plans. Review detail designs for manufacturability and producibility.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelors Degree in an applicable engineering field with 5+ years applicable engineering experience (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Experience with LabVIEW, Python, and other scripting language
- Understanding of RF concepts and electrical circuitry
- Requires hands-on use of electrical tools, crimpers, cutters, strippers, soldering, etc.
- Evaluates test data and recommends testability approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products.
- Perform time studies, calculate tact time vs cycle time, and develop manufacturing flow and capacity plans.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #AIS
Apply on company website