We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Consultant, Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME)The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant and Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert
As an Associate Managing Consultant and cybersecurity subject matter expert, you will be a trusted client business advisor on cybersecurity engagements across Europe. As a subject matter expert in cybersecurity, you will also support the Business Development team to develop and pitch engagements that can leverage Mastercard Data and Services consulting knowledge in cybersecurity.
Supporting the work of the project delivery team, you will provide subject matter and industry expertise to identify creative and efficient solutions and guide the team to business-focused recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities as the Associate Managing Consultant will include owning and cultivating mid- to senior-level client relationships, while proactively engaging with the client agenda and internal culture to manage relationship risks.
You will mentor and coach junior teammates outside of the direct engagement team and engender effective contribution to Mastercard's knowledge management initiatives and best practices within cybersecurity. You will also be the resource for enabling centralized training and knowledge management in cybersecurity. At Mastercard, you are expected to have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients' businesses, while also taking a leading role in shaping the organization's future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for, and value the following core competencies:
• Subject Matter Expertise: Regional go-to person for cybersecurity, assisting with specialist sales support and product development/refinement as needed, while focusing on knowledge sharing and development of team members.
• Problem Solving: Supports teams to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, while guiding toward business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Initiates changes to project direction where required, with an ability to decide and act without the total picture.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and opportunity identification by leveraging qualitative and quantitative skills. Supports team to effective and efficient technical capability usage, regardless of context.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions and how cybersecurity helps address clients' problems.
• Client Management: Inspire client confidence through recognition of specialization, and timely and reliable execution. Develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities, while addressing support and resistance.
• Communication and Presence: Supports composition of complete deliverables and other written communication. Demonstrates an ability to communicate verbally in a wide range of complex scenarios, up to senior management levels.
• Teamwork: Motivates teams or key workstreams on engagements to produce superior quality deliverables, while creating an open collaboration environment for all levels, with a will to win attitude. As the subject matter expert on project teams, provide on-the-job training on how to more effectively execute cybersecurity projects.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage cybersecurity, including identification of cross-sell opportunities beyond direct project work. Partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging knowledge of Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of security services and technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, HIDS, SIEM, incident management, threat and vulnerability management, patch management, data protection and access management
• Experience in a security consulting role (Senior Consultant level or higher) preferably with a major consultancy.
• Knowledge of Information Security Standards and best practices such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO27001, NIST and hands-on experience in performing cyber security/risk assessments in accordance with those standards
• Experience supporting technology implementation projects/ large work streams
• Experience in Financial Services or Healthcare industries is preferred
Education & Certifications:
• BS / MS in technology related field
• Industry certifications (GIAC – GREM/GCIH/GCIA/GCFA, CEH, CISSP) are a plus
Additional Skills & Capabilities:
• Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to own and develop relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and balance thought with action while getting the most out of limited resources
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, and must be eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website