Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleDirector, CRM EuropeOverview
We are currently looking for a Director, Europe Customer Risk Management based in London/Waterloo and reporting to the Regional Treasurer – Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Leading a team of risk managers located in various European countries, the principal responsibility of the role consists in managing Mastercard's Customer Risk Management (CRM) function for the region. The role also involves partnering with our Corporate Treasury and Settlement Operations teams to lead the growth of Mastercard's settlement footprint throughout the region. In addition, the incumbent of the role will work closely with the Regulatory Affairs team in engaging with central banks and other regulators within the region.
Mastercard has approximately $54B in credit exposure to financial institutions and other counterparties worldwide, placing the CRM role as a key part of its evolving and quickly growing business model. The magnitude and strategic nature of this exposure necessitates periodic engagement with senior management, Mastercard's sales and product organizations as well as our customers. This further provides great opportunities to grow your career within Mastercard.
The primary responsibility is to ensure customer risk for the region is appropriately identified, monitored and managed in accordance with Mastercard's policies & procedures and risk appetite framework. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Act as the regional point of contact for all CRM-related matters;
- Understanding and partnering with sales and product organizations to design innovative approaches to cater to customers with different business models;
- Developing and managing appropriate protection agreements as required, and leading collateral discussions with the account managers and customers;
- Performing customer credit risk underwriting analysis of and presenting this to senior management for approval;
- Partnering with other regional CRM teams to ensure 24x7 global customer risk exposure monitoring, and leading decision process when action needs to be taken to block growth in exposure;
- Managing through impacts of customer failures including portfolio transfers and license termination;
- Coordinating application process of new customers to ensure onboarding in a timely manner;
- Analyzing and reporting on the region's exposure to its customer base;
The role also consists in acting as a representative of Treasury for the region for settlement-related topics and regulatory requests:
- Prioritization of regional settlement initiatives;
- Identify potential partners, and negotiate settlement contracts to support expansion of Mastercard's settlement footprint;
- Develop engagement model with key regulators within the region, alongside the Regulatory Affairs team; respond to regulatory enquiries as appropriate;
All About You
- Postgraduate degree in business or equivalent;
- Experience in credit risk assessment, financial statements analysis and management is a prerequisite; experience in / knowledge of the banking sector and knowledge of the European payments regulation landscape are a strong plus;
- Risk mindset: ability to think outside the box and identify potential sources of risk;
- Problem solving: ability to develop innovative solutions to manage/ address credit risk;
- Ability to efficiently coordinate a team remotely as risk managers are located locally with the business (Kiev, Moscow, Istanbul); ability to be flexible with regards to work hours to meet business needs
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, including at the very senior management levels;
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint user;
- Crisis management: ability to manage through a crisis, leading a team to make tough decisions with imperfect information;
- Good sense of humor;
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website