We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Cross-border StrategyJob Overview
This position is responsible for playing a leading role in the Product Strategy for the bank segment of customers on the Mastercard Cross-Border Services product. Mastercard Cross-Border Services is a unique payment offering that utilizes a proprietary network of receiving institutions across multiple account types such as bank accounts, mobile/e-wallets, cash out, and card. The position is responsible for guiding the execution of the product strategy for the Bank Product by turning market research, opportunities and problems into use cases and product features that can be commercialized. This role works in conjunction with regional product leads, sales, and development team members to ensure the product is a leader in the cross-border account-to-account payments market. This position will also monitor product performance and P&L position.
• The position helps articulate and quantify market problems and defines opportunities leveraging our inherent capabilities and competences
• Through an analysis of customers, market and competitive data, this position will create a compelling product vision for new cross-border offerings that provide enhanced capabilities and business value
• This position will adhere to the product innovations life cycle by following the New Product Introduction process (Ideate, Innovate, Incubate) before commercialization
• Will be responsible for building commercial cases for new products, features enabling the Go/No-go decisions
• Partner with regional DP&L, Marketing and regional sales to help in determining product positioning and placement, coordinate internally with product implementation activities and help ensure successful customer/market adoption
• Be responsible for maintaining a pipeline of innovative new products that provides significant value proposition to our customers, access new segments to create a high degree of differentiation and drive future revenue growth
• Experience in or detailed knowledge of SWIFT and ACH systems is essential
• Experience in product management for cross-border products using online payment web-portals, mobile apps etc is a plus
• A good understanding of currency markets and how FX pricing works is also desired
• A deep understanding of cross-border payment execution is required, preferably in the banking environment
• Experienced in FX and an understanding of compliance concepts is required
• Proven track record in a Product Management role, creating or growing a new product
• Must have excellent organization and project management skills
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Must be self-motivated, self-driven and drive tasks and projects to completion
• Proven ability to efficiently and effectively build working relationships with many diverse groups, in many different time zones
• Proven experience building and delivering product enhancements
• Systems or Business Analysis experience a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website