We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Direct to Corporate - Commercial ProductsMastercard is a global payment company with operation in +200 countries with hundreds of millions of consumers and businesses daily using our products and services. Our vision is a world beyond cash where we enable people and businesses to send and receive funds simply, securely and with control across the world. Being a leading global brand and and a S&P top 20 company we pride ourself of still having a ”glocal” doing well by doing good culture with decency at its core.
As a response to the evolving changing payment market, Mastercard has over the past years been on a journey from a pure cards network into now offering a full suite of payment solutions such as Account to Account, Open Banking, Bill Payments, Blockchains, CO2 Emission Tracking and much more. As such, we are a partner and an employer well equipped to meet and drive the future.
Mastercard is now increasing it focus on engaging directly with larger corporates to drive increased demand for our services.
Now you have an opportunity to drive Commercial revenue for Mastercard across Nordics & Baltics.
The role will be driving Large Market Commercial growth for Mastercard locally and across Europe. The focus will be on the development of business opportunities with large national, regional and global companies and partnership with issuers' Large Market Corporate sales teams. The job will require the establishment of close working relationships with stakeholders throughout Mastercard as well as partner organizations to drive incremental volume, leveraging our T&E and B2B products and platforms, while meeting strategic product and sales objectives.
Working in collaboration with the Nordics & Baltics account management and business development teams and the European Commercial product team, the successful candidate will:
• Establish relationships with large corporations in market to develop sales pipeline and drive demand for Mastercard Commercial products
• Manage and grow corporate sales pipeline for Nordics & Baltics for both T&E and B2B spend
• Form and manage strong relationships with issuer sales teams focused on Large Market corporates to partner on driving their sales pipeline for B2B and T&E volume
• Build in-depth corporate payments insight, including understanding of value-chain players, customer pain points and payment/data flows to identify and pursue opportunities to drive Mastercard's relevance and presence
• Partner with European Commercial product team to accelerate sale and adoption of Commercial products to corporations
• Create market sales plan with clear objectives, strong customer engagement and KPIs
• Responsible for alignment of Commercial sales strategies and pipeline management across Europe and globally, coordinating with other regional and global Commercial salespeople
• Enhance ongoing business development relationships with the industry and corporations by organizing and participating in forums, webinars and conferences in the T&E and B2B spaces
• Strong Commercial payments experience and knowledge
• Deep understanding of B2B and T&E payment flows, business needs and economics
• Experience in Commercial payment product sales
• Proven ability to build meaningful, trusting relationships with multinational customers
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to articulate solutions and value propositions to senior management level stakeholders and customers
• Strong collaborator - able to build trusted partnerships both internally and externally
• Experience managing sales pipelines
• Comfortable with roles that require discretion, integrity and agility
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other post graduate degree preferred
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website