Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleDirector, Government Engagement, Trade, Asia PacificOverview
Mastercard is dedicated to promoting inclusive growth and financial inclusion. The mandate of the Government Engagement unit at Mastercard is to build durable, trusted relationships with key government agencies to accelerate their transition to a cashless ecosystem though digitalization, while increasing revenues and seeding new markets for Mastercard.
We drive relevance in the government space by developing effective go to market campaigns supported by clear priorities, success metrics. We provide expert sales support to both country managers and local sales resources through a solid client engagement playbook approach. We guide the transition from reactive solutions sales to strategic government engagement programs. And we ensure alignment between local, regional demand and our global solutions.
• The Director, Government Engagement role focuses on aligning Mastercard's product, service and ecosystem capabilities to solve for the challenges government clients face today in the areas of Trade, SME, economic development and government operational excellence. We do this by engaging, listening and leading. Our team is comprised of industry leaders, relationship builders and deal closers.
We apply Mastercard's digital tools, business insights, last mile solutions and market organizing skills to support client success. We have a good idea what works. But we also have a passion for learning, exploring new capabilities, and applying the best methodologies and insights to the government business.
• This role is at the heart of our intent to scale our business across all key markets and regions to drive revenue, market relevance and social impact. The position is deployed at regional level, and focuses on a select number of priority opportunities, segments and clients, directly agreed with Regional Government Engagement Lead and/or regional president.
• The Director, Government Engagement is accountable for:
-Supporting Government Engagement geography leads on their engagement with government agencies that are responsible for trade, SME and economic development.
-S/he is expected to provide subject matter expertise and drive a consistent trade / SME narrative and also for working with the broader Mastercard team to solution and deploy against relevant government imperatives.
-The support in the development of the market's Trade / SME strategy, including a list of prioritized client and solution opportunities, a relationship heat map, and detailed view of the revenue opportunity and a market engagement plan
-Orchestrating Mastercard's government engagements within the market (non commercial, pre-commercial and commercial), engaging national, regional or local governmenta and associated agencies.
-Direct engagement on key sales opportunities across the market, assisting country managers and geographic government engagement leads and winning strategic deals.
-The aligment of global, regional and local resources to drive execution, in close coordination with the Country Managers, the Divisions' Presidents, the regional Government Engagement team, and the Mastercard Strategic Growth regional teams.
-The support to the regional communities of practice in trade & SME to cross-fertilize local and regional best practices.
-This position reports directly to the Regional Government Engagement Lead and to the Country Manager in the assigned country
• Develop and execute the market government strategy starting from:
-Understanding local, national and regional priorities.
-Engaging market and/or division leadership to prioritize clients and solution opportunities.
-Develop a solid projects pipeline, drive conversion over time (year 1 and 2) and secure revenues (from year 3 onwards)
-Directly engage senior government stakeholders to influence strategic decisions (building relevance) and to develop lines of sight into new revenues
-Securing global, regional and local resources to execute on the opportunities and drive marquee wins. Develop scalable revenue models at market level, when appropriate
-Assist with the delivery of the sold projects
-Support the building and curation of a local, internal community of practice. Act as first line of support for country managers, Public Policy and Account Teams for thought leadership and strategic sales engagements.
All About You
• Experience working for or closely with government agencies, managing process improvement and transformative change initiatives, as well as proven experience in engaging very senior government leaders to build durable relations.
• Proven track in leading government projects and/or commercial deals in the trade /SME vertical
• Consultative selling focused, with deep product, services, and solutions expertise.
• Adept at interacting with senior Mastercard stakeholders in terms of engagement, communication and transparency of purpose. Can skillfully lead complex regional initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical and cultural lines.
• Demonstrated ability to work across divisional boundaries, within the assigned region, division or market
• Self-motivated, thrives in a fast paced environment; readiness to take-on stretch goals.
• Strong gravitas, exceptional relationship management, influencing and communication skills.
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
• Fluency in the local language in the assigned market and English is required. At least one other division language a strong plus.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website