We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Mergers and AcquisitionsOVERVIEW:
• This role is instrumental in developing, articulating and implementing MasterCard's Corporate Development initiatives alongside the China Senior Leadership, Regional and Global Product and Services teams to further the Company's strategy in China to enable successful Corporate Development execution across the Company.
• It requires a big picture thinker able to fully connect with the payment industry environment and see lateral opportunities across the market and industries.
• The candidate should be able to understand and help to synthesize market and industry realities, identify competitive trends and partnership opportunities, navigate across MasterCard to gather key pieces of information cross functionally and promote potential strategic investment opportunities.
• Corporate Strategy: Support the Country Leadership Team alongside Regional Product and Service teams to help articulate MasterCard's strategic inorganic priorities for China based on market trends and opportunities, business plans and ambitions and strategic gaps in the portfolio
• Investment Profile Development: Drive the origination and identification of strategic equity investment and acquisition opportunities based on priorities. Understand the Company's strategic gaps and continuously monitor the marketplace for opportunities, potential solutions and partners.
• Investment Business Case Building: Structure and articulate end-to-end analysis of key initiatives in priority areas. Apply consulting-type frameworks and tools to develop robust and concise analysis and recommendations.
• Business and Industry Knowledge: Develop deep understanding of our products and solutions and position in the market to advance the identification of relevant and impactful investment or acquisition opportunities.
• Cross Functional Coordination: Communicate with different areas of the organization to validate and coordinate market and product priorities at the corporate level.
• Project Management: Support cross-regional and cross-functional projects with no direct reporting lines.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Relevant industry knowledge and appetite/curiosity for exploration and constant update on market and industry trends and their impact on MasterCard's business model
• Familiarity with the China market and having a wide network of relationships across the technology and payments ecosystem, venture capital, private equity and investment banking firms will be a plus
• Demonstrated success in supporting Strategy and Corporate Development activities.
• Investment Banking/ Private Equity / Venture Capital / Consulting experience with a background in payments/ technology preferred - knowledge of MasterCard products and services a strong plus.
• Fluency in Mandarin and English will be preferred
• The position will be based out of Shanghai or Beijing
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA or postgraduate preferred
• Previous experience in a global/international role preferred - strong multi-cultural sensibility required
• Strong relationship management and negotiation skills and the ability to influence across Mastercard
• Strong Process Management skills - able to understand and coordinate complex organizational processes and consolidate input from multiple stakeholders
• Highly motivated / Strong work ethic – Proven commitment to adapt and champion time sensitive/mission critical processes operating in a global and matrix-type organization
• Fast learner and able to link diverse sources of information to our business including ability to handle confidential information and materials with appropriate discretion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate findings in a compelling manner to internal and external audiences which include senior level executives
• Ability to link data analysis with business implications and a strong commercial acumen will be an advantage
• Strong PowerPoint/Excel skills. Previous experience in developing Board level materials well regarded
• Financial Modeling skills are required. Experience in Investment Banking or Consulting is a strong plus.
• Sound judgment to act autonomously and identify emerging issues and escalate them as required
• Ability to occasionally travel internationally less than <15% of the time
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website