We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleInformation Security EngineerMastercard needs you to join our Security Engineering team to work on a major integration project.
The focus of the role is help establish common security operating practices across a new Mastercard organisation.
Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security operating practices including process and technology?
Can you work with development teams on implementing how to successfully integrate security operating practice across different areas of the business?
Have you performed security analysis of security delivery across Policy, Process, Operation and technology?
Can you analyse and delivery architecture to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level, while still maintaining operational services?
If these questions excite you and you can answer yes to them, then this may be an opportunity to explore.
As Security Engineer, responsibilities will be:
• Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely develop and build applications and supporting systems.
• Work closely with developers to evaluate business requests and proposed designs to determine feasibility; work with software development teams to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
• Responsible for security requirements, standards, and reference architectures to comply with policies and technical standards.
• Providing security consulting, recommend policy or strategic direction on a global scale with attention to detail and customer focus.
• Ensure business and functional requirements technically adhere to security policies.
• Determine security capabilities, gaps/overlaps and opportunities for improvements.
• Manage multiple security initiatives across multiple platforms, networks and/or applied security technologies.
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
• Write documentation as required.
All About You:
• Define security requirements and guidelines to ensure repeatable processes are followed by worldwide teams.
• Help shape the culture of an ambitious security team and offer your opinions and perspectives based on security best practices.
• Knowledge of the security architecture of web-based network environments and secure communication between environments and network security using defense-in-depth strategies
• Awareness of secure development practices including secure coding, security scanning, secure design and issue management.
• Ensure complex network connectivity follows approved designs, matrix and policy.
• IT Security Risk management
• Awareness of security frameworks for example, NIST, ISO, PCI, ISAE.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization.
• Provide security advice in cryptography, including several of the following: encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS
• Awareness of firewalls, hardware security modules, threat prevention and detection.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website