We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitlePrincipal, Software Development EngineeringWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Network Services offers a suite of value-added services on the switching network that supports lifecycle management of a PAN through the Automated Billing Updater, differentiated product offerings based on spend analysis through the Account Level Management application, supporting Digital, commercial and core authorization products by managing PAN attributes in a vault through the Account Management System and the Cryptography validation on Switching transactions through the Crypto Services Platform. The program charter is to offer these services on a scalable & resilient architecture that support localization needs, enables global expansion thus allowing us to touch more transactions on the network driving incremental revenue for Mastercard.
- Hands-on technical leader who brings considerable experience doing application development for backend, web and mobile applications, using a broad range of technologies
- Responsible for hiring and nurturing engineering talent
- Owner of several major functional areas of our application
- Collaborate across other teams to deliver results
- Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards
- Ability to write moderately complex scripts and programs for automation, tools, frameworks,
- Orchestrates the deployment/maintenance of complex applications
- Responsible for performance engineering and the capacity planning of the Services and solutions
- Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain experience
- Significant code development, commitment of code/review of pull-requests, and modest day-to-day support duties
- You are a hands-on, technical architect or a leader able to manage directly and through others.
- As a technically astute leader, your recognized subject matter expertise allows you regularly dive deep into everything your teams do.
- You possess strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and are able to get your point across efficiently to a wide range of audiences.
- You regularly lead retrospection, and continually improve as a result.
- You have strong collaborative and organizational skills and you value transparency over avoiding scrutiny.
- You are experienced in distributed system design and implementation, and have a good understanding of how high-performance, high-reliability, large-scale distributed systems are built and operated.
- You have Engineering experience, preferably in high volume, low latency transaction processing systems (such as payments transaction switching, high frequency trading systems or global real-time event streaming systems etc)
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins
- Delivered scalable products through a CI/CD pipeline deploying on-prem or in a public cloud infrastructure
- Ensure quality across the full stack via rigorous CI/CD practices in all aspects of the SDLC (Builds, Test, and Deploy)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with various coding languages Java, Go, C++,ESQL, etc
- Experience in event driven systems (Apache Kafka, NATS, etc)
- Experience in financial system encryption (PIN Blocks, CHIP, CVC) would be beneficial
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (Gtest, JUnit, mocking, etc.)
- Experienced in building platforms with Microservice architecture and RESTful APIs
- Experience using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, leveraging Spring Boot
- Exposure to symmetric cryptography would be desired. Experience with HSMs (Thales, AEP) is desired
- Experience with virtualization like Cloud Foundry (PCF), Kubernetes (PKS), Docker etc
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website