Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior Analyst - Federal Tax Compliance & PlanningSenior Analyst, Federal Tax Compliance and Planning
The Federal Tax Compliance and Planning team has the primary responsibility for assuring the timely preparation and filing of all U.S. Federal income tax filings and related estimated payments. The Federal Tax Compliance and Planning team also supports the design and implementation of processes and controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely compliance with various aspects of financial tax accounting and reporting standards as they relate to income taxes, including but not limited to: interim and annual reporting; current tax provision; uncertain tax positions; deferred taxes; and valuation allowances.
The Senior Analyst, Federal Tax Compliance and Planning prepares and maintains significant aspects of the federal tax records, returns, reports and other related materials in compliance with U.S. federal tax laws and regulations and supports the financial reporting of Mastercard's income tax expense and liabilities. Further, this role has responsibility for assisting with the planning, development and evaluation of Mastercard's tax policies and participates in the development of tax strategy, including using legal means to minimize tax liability based on a thorough knowledge of U.S. tax laws and regulations.
• Gather company's financial data and perform analytics for preparation of tax adjustments reported in the consolidated federal tax return and other federal tax filings.
• Assist in assuring that the federal tax returns comply with the requirements of appropriate federal law, as well as the high documentation standards established, and are timely filed.
• Remain aware of Mastercard business issues to determine the proper tax treatment.
• Stays current with and communicates with internal business partners and colleagues federal tax law changes that may impact Mastercard.
• Provide technical support for positions taken including research, application of tax rules and documentation of conclusion as required.
• Assist in streamlining tasks and building technological efficiencies to improve processes while maintaining a quality work product.
• Supports federal audit initiatives and assists in defending issues raised in tax examinations by the IRS (for example, assist in gathering support or helps prepare response to information requests).
• Contributes to and supports development of strategies to reduce Mastercard's current tax liability and effective tax rate as permitted under applicable tax laws.
• Assist with aspects of ASC 740 corporate income tax provision and related footnote disclosures to be included in the annual and interim public filings as required.
• Assist in responding to information requests from independent auditors and external advisors and participates in discussions surrounding tax positions taken.
• Serves as a consultant to finance and other business partners by providing tax information and advice.
• Interface with members of the tax department and other colleagues within the organization in support of tax planning initiatives including structuring of transactions and other tax opportunities permitted under relevant tax law.
• Responsible for the maintenance and adherence to policies that create a strong internal control environment under Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Maintains global tax policies and procedures in accordance with relevant tax regulations.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in corporate taxation with an emphasis on tax compliance, research, and provision; overall work experience will be the overriding factor when considering years of experience.
• Big 4 accounting background or prior corporate tax department experience preferred.
• Ability to perform tax research, apply U.S. tax law and prepare memorandum summarizing findings.
• Proficiency in the use of a tax return preparation software; experience in CorpTax a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to identify and implement continuous process improvements.
• Ability to organize, manage and work effectively to accomplish multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently and in groups to complete time-sensitive projects within internal and external deadlines.
• Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels in the organization.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website