We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Network ArchitectOverview:
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining Mastercard's Global Network.
• The team is also responsible for creating and maintaining Global Network standards, complying with audit and deployment of new technologies to fit business needs.
Purpose of the position includes:
• Creating architectural standards
• Translating Network designs to implementation plans
• Provide implementation oversight
• Engagement with stakeholders to communicate upcoming architectural changes
• Transitioning new Network standard to deployments and operations teams
• Focusing primarily on Customer Network
• Supporting the Network Engineering team globally to fulfil its objectives
Best Fit for the role:
• Have you ever designed & implemented any new technologies?
• Have you ever worked on a large multi-year program or project upgrading Network infrastructure globally?
• Have you ever performed detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting? Have you lead the effort to solve the problem collaboratively?
• Have you ever deployed applications or virtual infrastructure in the cloud?
• Have you ever worked with a cross-functional teams to deploy a Network routing and switching solution per the delivery requirements on a global scale?
• Have you ever had to work with an acquired company to merge Networks and applications?
• Design & implement solutions for third parties or acquired companies to work with the Mastercard Network.
• Design, engineering, and implementation of complex network solutions in a variety of disciplines & across hardware vendors.
• Ability to create architectural standards for Customer specific use-cases.
• Working on automation tools to support the Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) movement.
• Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis
All About You
• Network engineering expertise with exposure to two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, VOIP, QoS, Routing and Switching technologies while adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
• Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPV6 addressing
• Firewall experience: Checkpoint as well as Palo Alto.
• Knowledge of Cisco's product portfolio; routers, switches.
• Knowledge of Arista product portfolio
• Knowledge of SD-WAN solutions
• Extensive knowledge of Network protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
• Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including IPSEC & GRE tunnels on routers and firewalls.
• Cisco certifications such as CCNA.
• Familiarity with scripting tools such as Python.
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities
• Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Methodical problem resolving skills.
• Code level testing and selection process.
• Implementation of Cisco SD-WAN
• Understanding of Arista spine-leaf technologies is good to have.
• Understanding of AWS and Azure cloud solutions is good to have.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experienceIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website