We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer in TestThis role is part of the Software Engineering Group within the Mastercard Payment Gateway Services division in Dublin, collaborating with internal customers across the globe.
We are seeking an experienced Test Engineer to provide technical expertise in automated and manual testing of Java-based, distributed, highly available applications, where system quality and performance is critical!
Are you a tester with automation experience, or a developer looking to specialise in testing?
Are you passionate about maintaining and improving software quality?
Do you enjoy writing code to automate test activities?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Develop and execute automated tests for web APIs and GUIs (Java, python).
• Develop and execute manual exploratory tests.
• Identify and implement more complex automation efforts.
• Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs, and software meets requirements.
• Work closely with business and development teams to define test plans and schedules.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Recent experience developing automated tests or applications (Java or python).
• Comfortable creating and maintaining data-driven automated tests for complex distributed systems.
• Command-line scripting and troubleshooting skills (Linux).
• Understanding of API protocols and web services (REST, JSON).
• Hands-on experience working with version control (git).
• Able to analyse application logs and assist other engineers by utilizing basic debugging techniques.
• Able to perform routine database administration and queries (PostgreSQL/MySQL).
• Familiar with continuous integration (Jenkins).
• Familiar with defect/requirements management tools (Rally, Bugzilla).
• Familiarity with card payments systems or security an advantage.
• Experienced in Agile development (Scrum).
• Able to work autonomously and within a team environment.
• Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website