SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Unit Secretary. We are seeking Unit Secretary for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! Medical City Arlington is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service. We are a family 270,000 strong! The Unit Secretary contributes to the public's perception of the medical center through effective customer service skills; following unit and hospital procedures in medical record management; providing support for clinical staff processes to facilitate communication to maintain supplies, equipment and environment; facilitating document and specimen handling; recognizes and reports the signs and symptoms of heart attack, stroke and pulmonary distress. The Unit Secretary has the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for transcribing doctors' orders, ordering unit supplies, answering phones and patient call lights, faxing orders to Pharmacy, preparing patients' charts, entering patient charges into computer, and filing.
- Needs good communication skills and good penmanship.
- Helps to coordinate patient transfers.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Applies basic understanding of the function and inter-relationship of each hospital department. Organizes and completes work assigned.
- Anticipate the needs of physicians, nurses and other hospital departments. Communicate the needs of patient, families and visitors in a professional and timely manner; recognizes and escalates the signs and symptoms of heart attack, stroke and pulmonary distress.
- Previous experience as a secretary in a hospital care setting is desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website