DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Director of Clinical Informatics
Medical City Dallas
The Director of Clinical Informatics (DCI) is responsible for facilitation and leadership of facility Clinical Informatics by leading the implementation of and providing ongoing support for corporate/division/facility projects related to the electronic health record (EHR) including:
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City Dallas offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs.
We operate as an 801-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City Dallas difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City Dallas to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree required, clinical degree preferred with strong healthcare facility Experience.
- Master Degree preferred ideally with focus on Health Informatics
- Current TX RN license or compact license for RN applicants.
- Nurse or Health Informatics Certification encouraged
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Clinical/Healthcare Informatics, clinical applications support, or equivalent preferred
- Meditech experience strongly preferred
- Must have previous experience facilitating large projects which includes implementation of health technology
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Understands pertinent regulatory guidelines such as Joint Commission, HIPAA, State Regulations, CMS, etc.
Establish strategic direction through securing information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision.
Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types. Promote ideas and proposals persuasively; shape stakeholder opinions; project a positive image; work through conflicts; negotiate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel using professional and timely verbal and writing skills
- Demonstrated customer orientation focus
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow through on issues
- Excellent leadership and teaching talents
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, including Excel data analysis and PowerPoint presentation skills)
- An understanding, enthusiasm and commitment to the goals of projects
- Leadership skills to direct others and maintain a common vision for project objectives
- Role model motivation
- The ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the practice, as well as with vendors and other outside agents utilizing an interdisciplinary focus
- Proficient organizational skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to delegate tasks and enlist the cooperation and/or assistance of team members and others
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website