DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Nurse Manager Orthopedics
Medical City Dallas
The Manager for Orthopedics accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The Orthopedics Nurse Manager is a clinical RN who accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the surgical services in clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice .
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of Manager Orthopedic Services to maintain high quality, age specific care for the adolescent through the adult patient.
- Create Orthopedics Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources.
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City Dallas offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs.
We operate as an 801-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City Dallas difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City Dallas to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree in nursing or related field preferred
- Five (5) years experience in management, preferable in a hospital setting with experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, and physician relations
- Previous management in critical care required; clinical or leadership experience with the cardiac intensive care population highly preferred
- Current Texas RN license
- Current American Heart Association BLS.
- Certification in nursing specialty or leadership preferred; required within 6 months of role
Apply on company website