DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Paramedic / Advance Care Technician
Schedule: Full-Time; Evenings from 1:00pm-1:00am with Rotating Weekends
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system, ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of the emergency department patient. Considers principles of emergency care while assisting the RN to formulate an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Documentation is consistent, complete, thorough and legible
- Patient care is administered based on Hospital and Departmental specific standards of care and practice.
- The Paramedic involves the patient and/or significant other(s) in the patient's care. Education/instruction are provided specific to the patient's health care needs and age requirements.
- Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance with Hospital policies and practice guidelines.
- Physician orders are carried out accurately in providing direct patient care within scope of practice. Assures that other departments are notified of orders and services are needed.
- Notifies the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes of patient status as appropriate.
- Considers age-related factors/limitations in the education of patients. Applies knowledge and principles of age-related factors appropriately in teaching situations.
- Ensures patient's right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Assumes responsibility for the care of assigned patients. Patient care activities are organized and prioritized.
- Contributes to the smooth functioning of the Unit by offering help to other staff members. Assists with patient care functions beyond those assigned within the Paramedic scope of practice.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs Unit-specific responsibilities such as cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Performs venipuncture, administers and maintains IV crystalloid fluids and medications in accordance with Hospital practice guidelines. Correctly labels, calculates and regulates the flow of IV solutions. Documents pertinent information related to IV therapies.
Paramedic / Advance Care Technician Job Requirements:
- Paramedic Certification or Licensed Paramedic
- 1 year of 9-1-1 System or Hospital ED Experience required
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic/Licensed Paramedic
- BCLS required
- EMT-B required if hired after September 2007
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website