SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Las Colinas
Seasonal RNLabor & Delivery
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Seasonal Program Runs: August 2nd, 2020 - April 24th, 2021
Completion Bonus $4000: Paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
Seasonal RN Rate: $57.00 per hour
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 18 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2020-2021 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2019-2020.
Why our L&D Unit?
- Highly supported Women's Services Leadership
- Nurses are encouraged to set and reach their goals
- 24-hour Neonatologist support
- Onsite active Lactation Specialist
- Baby & Mother Friendly facility
- At Medical City Healthcare our nurses are FAMILY!
The Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The L&D RN possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices.
QualificationsIDEAL CANDIDATE FOR RN - Registered Nurse – Labor and Delivery - L&D
- Associates (required) or Bachelor (preferred) of Science in Nursing
- Minimum 2 year recent experience in Labor & Delivery
- Must have current or compact licensure in the state of Texas
- Current BLS, ACLS, NRP and AWHONN
About us:Medical City Las Colinas has ranked among HCA's Top 10 in employee engagement and has ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past four years!!—which means you'll work with a family who deeply shares your commitment to quality care. Medical City Las Colinas is a 100 bed full service medical hospital offering the latest in high-tech equipment and friendly, competent staff with an open and diverse culture. Visit our website at http://www.lascolinasismore.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team! Then come back and apply for this great opportunity brought to you by our Women's Services Unit at Medical City Las Colinas.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website