SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Las Colinas Seasonal Registered Nurse Med / Surg Unit
Registered Nurse – RN
Medical Surgical Unit
Schedule: Seasonal PRN 72 hours per pay period required; Flexible shifts Day/Night
Seasonal Program: Runs August 2, 2020 to April 24, 2021 Seasonal Rate: $54.00 per hour, $2000 Completion Bonus PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
• Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
• All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
• Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
• During the course of the 18 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
• Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2020-2021 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2019-2020.
• Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
*All candidates for this role must have a minimum of 2 years hospital based Med/Surg experience to be eligible for this program
Rate: $52.00 + diffs
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Seasonal RN team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
RN- Registered Nurse- Med/Surg: The Registered Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The nurse possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices. The practice of the Registered Nurse will support the mission, vision and values of Medical City Las Colinas and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
Med/Surg Nurse - Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring vital signs.
- Ensuring operation of needed equipment such as IVs, feeding tubes, catheters, and oxygen tanks.
- Communicating with patients and doctors.
- Graduate of a Professional School of Nursing
- BSN Required
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted,
- National Specialty Certification in practice area or plan to achieve within one year of hire
- BLS required
- Minimum of 2 years of hospital-based Med/Surg experience
- New Nurses should apply for our posted Seasonal internships
About Us: Medical City Las Colinas, built in 1997, is a 100 bed full service, acute-care facility offering a wide range of services to the community and families we serve
Our facility has ranked among HCA's Top 10 in employee engagement and has ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past four years!!—which means you'll work with a family who deeply shares your commitment to quality care. If you share the same commitment to patient care, peer engagement and community service then Medical City Las Colinas is the place for you-Apply online today.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website