DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
New Hires may receive up to a $ 5000 Sign on Bonus
Work Schedule: Night Shift - 7pm to 7am
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a Magnet® recognized facility, licensed for 186 beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indictors.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, Medical City Lewisville is committed to listening to our nursing voice; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
We take pride in being able to support our Nurses through:
· Career enhancement reward systems
· Tuition reimbursement to advance nursing education
· Assistance with obtaining professional nursing certifications
· Professional Nursing library and relaxation room
Come join a team where Nurses say:
“It's very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that rivals larger organizations.”
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse – RN – PCU – Progressive Care Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Medical Center of Lewisville. In collaboration with patient, patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN is responsible for assessing the nursing care needs of patients, planning interventions and evaluating outcomes of care. The RN provides direct care and/or supervises nursing care of LVN's and non-licensed nursing staff. The RN is responsible for providing care consistent with the Nursing Department's policies, procedures and standards of practice.
RN's are responsible for providing care, which is appropriate to the age specific (adolescent, adult and geriatric patients), developmental and safety needs of the assigned patient population. In addition to the RN duties and responsibilities, the RN scope includes charge duties. The charge nurse makes patient assignments and supervises and directs the staff and unit activities for the assigned shift.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- TX RN licensure or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA)
- ACLS (AHA) certification. If currently have ACLS (AHA) it must be maintained; if not, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire and then maintained.
- ADN required.
- BSN preferred. If hired into RN required positon after September 2014 and no BSN, then BSN required within three years of facility date.
- Experience: Staff RN's not hired in a graduate nurse or intern status, must have a minimum of one year recent nursing experience in area of practice in an acute care setting.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website