Medical City Plano is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Clinical Support Resource Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
Medical City Plano offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Medical City Plano!Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. The Clinical Support Resource RN supports high quality, patient-centered care by offering feedback, guidance and mentoring to new graduate nurses and/or nurses that are transitioning to a new specialty. This role supports multiple units with non-traditional, flexible shift times and some weekends. The CSR RN provides guidance and education on the hospital's standard of nursing practice, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What You Will Do In This Role
- Performs rounds on each nursing unit, continuously observing, assessing the quality of patient care, and identifies nursing educational needs. Escalates concerns about nursing skills, patient care, policies, processes, and equipment as appropriate.
- Utilizes skills of observation. Provides feedback on nursing assessments, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care.
- Tracks requests to identify most commonly requested skills for purposes of enhancing orientation & education.
- Escalate concerns about nursing skills, patient care, policies, processes, and equipment as appropriate.
- Ensure that nurses within scope of support have a clear understanding of how to integrate patient experience into nursing practice.
- Attends rapid responses and codes as needed, to observe, provide feedback, and debrief, facilitate education, direction, coaching before, during and after the rapid response or code as indicated.
- Serves as an example of professional nursing practice and promotes pride in nursing for the organization, the community, and the health care industry.
- Promotes evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
What qualifications you will need
- BSN required
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Preceptor Training required w/in 90 days
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) required w/in 30 days
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) required w/in 90 days
- Business Emergency Response Training (BERT) required w/in 90 days
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required w/in 12 months
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required w/in 12 months
- Satori Alternatives Managing Aggression must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Must have at least two (2) years RN experience in an acute care hospital
- 1+ years' experience in a leadership role preferred
- 1+ years' experience as a preceptor preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Plano opened in 1975 and provides Plano and Collin County with advanced health care. Medical City Plano is a 600+ bed acute care hospital. We have more than 2,000 employees and over 1,400 physicians on staff. Our main campus in Plano has a cancer treatment center and cardiovascular programs. We have The Bariatric Surgery Institute, a Wound Care Center and inpatient rehabilitation. We also offer complete women's and children's services. This includes a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit. We were the first hospital in Dallas, Collin or Denton counties to be named a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Medical City Plano was the first Level I Trauma Center in Collin County and The Burn & Reconstructive Center of Texas was the first burn center in Collin County. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Clinical Support Resource RN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website