At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse – Seasonal PRN Status with a Full-time Schedule
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Med Surg RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for a unique population of patients.
• Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
• Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements
• Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
This is a fast-paced and challenging 38-bed acute medical/surgical unit with remote telemetry capability. You will provide care to a diverse adult patient population.SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through April 8, 2023]
Must have one (1) year of current Med Surg RN experience
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 36 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2022-2023 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in the previous year.
- Current employee of HWS are not eligible for the seasonal program.
- Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, Magnet-designated 600+-bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
What you need to be successful:• ADN required / BSN preferred
• Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
• Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
• Must have at least one (1) year of Med Surg RN experience in an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website