Creates the roadmap for, and leads the implementation of strategic, cross-functional projects related to the implementation of new capabilities and systems that affect the member experience, driven by corporate initiatives and regulatory compliance. Facilitates alignment with Sales, IT and business stakeholders to enable effective solution implementation. Performs organizational and client impact analysis, leading to the development of testing, training and implementation plans for new functions and evaluates progress against key performance indicators. Directly manages vendor relationships as necessary.
- Manages staff and all stages of strategic, financial or regulatory projects, including planning, development, implementation and monitoring activities. Works with team members and vendors to develop implementation plans with appropriate tasks, resources, milestones, cost analysis and timelines. Provides all levels of project communications and works with project sponsors to resolve issues, manage scope and identify risks.
- Provides appropriate business analysis by working closely with business areas to understand business needs / requirements and work with IT / vendors to identify alternative design solutions to meet business needs. Anticipates obstacles and plans for contingencies through active communication with all stakeholders and by determining relevance and priority of tasks
- Partners with vendors (as appropriate) and stakeholders to ensure timely project delivery, anticipate risks and plan accordingly. Manages the change process with minimal impact to the business.
- Manages and delivers project status communications at all levels, including Executive leadership and coordinates cross-workstream communications and issue resolution with all stakeholders and vendors.
- Works closely with Sales and Underwriting to implement new programs that drive savings to clients and Medical Mutual. Monitors new program implementations to ensure customer experience is enhanced and savings are delivered.
- Coordinates training, migration, and support for all impacted teams, including external users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field.
- 8 years progressive experience leading larger and/or more complex projects and cross-departmental corporate process or technology implementations, preferably in a health plan. 3 years of which are in a supervisory or high-level individual contributor role.
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Project Management certification (PMI/PMP) preferred.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management and process improvement methodologies, with the ability to apply advanced concepts to customer experience operations.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data trends and patterns, translating them into meaningful strategic issues and solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and database reporting skills.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels in the organization including senior management.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website