Leads instructional design team responsible for the design and development of highly effective training programs using proven adult learning methodologies. Acts as liaison between business areas to determine training requirements and resolve issues. Evaluates existing instructional methods and design processes for feasibility and opportunities for improvement.
- Supervises instructional design staff and projects. Sets priorities, monitors progress, ensures objectives are achieved, and accountable for meeting deadlines. Facilitates project plans, status meetings, and assigning resources. Provides environment for team that supports critical thinking and removes obstacles that may impact project milestones
- Leads initiatives to analyze and evaluate effectiveness of training content and makes recommendations for improvement. Ensures processes are documented and reviewed regularly. Collaborates with other areas of the division regarding training needs, gaps, and trends.
- Communicates and monitors department expectations regarding performance and competencies. Actively develops instructional design team members, provides coaching, constructive feedback, and the tools necessary to successfully meet performance goals.
- Develops varied and/or complex instructor-led and online program materials including participant materials, leader guides, train the trainer materials, online training courses, and web conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Adult Education, Instructional Design or related field.
- Master's degree in Instructional Design or related field preferred.
- 7 years progressive experience as an Instructional Designer or equivalent experience designing and developing blended learning solutions, preferably in a health insurance environment.
- Experience working and building intra/inter-departmental relationships
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Instructional Design Certification strongly preferred (or substantial progress towards designation).
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply advanced instruction design theories and adult learning principles.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good supervisory/leadership skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and online authoring software skills.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website