The VP, IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cybersecurity leads the strategy, development, implementation and oversight of Medical Mutual's Technology Infrastructure. The position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, scalability, and security for all IT systems and infrastructure.
This is a key executive leadership position. Modernizing IT infrastructure is a critical piece of the strategic plan for Information Technology at Medical Mutual. This role works closely with the CIO and peer IT and business leaders, including Application Development, Data Engineering, Call Center Management, and corporate analysis functions to design and execute on the system's technology roadmap. The VP develops strategy, drives innovation, and delivers cost effective solutions through great execution and support.
The VP will have oversight of the following functional areas:
- Cybersecurity Strategy and Operations
- Server and Storage management including data center management and hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Telecommunication technology including Call Center Enablement
- End User Computing and End User Support
- Print Center Operations
- IT Operations including Incident Management and Change Management
- IT Control including asset management, financial reporting, and audit facilitation
This is an executive role with ownership of all aspects of Medical Mutual's IT infrastructure and cybersecurity. The VP will have accountability for the protection of medical information resources and the proper controls needed to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations, while supporting the business needs and upholding Medical Mutual's reputation with members.
- Works to minimize incidents (Availability, Confidentiality, Integrity) while making appropriate investments in infrastructure and the development of a comprehensive information security risk-based program.
- Develops and improves a comprehensive information security risk-based program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information assets.
- Leads the development of the IT security architecture roadmap to identify security controls and assess technologies that will enforce the organization's security priorities.
- Develops, directs, and implements roadmaps for technology Infrastructure, security, asset management, and end-user technology.
- Ensures accurate preparation activities to support HITRUST, SOC-2, customer and other audits.
- Participates in the establishment and enforcement of best-practice work processes and standards.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Creates effective partnerships and negotiate support agreements with services providers and hardware/software vendors. Manages vendor relationships and contracts.
- Uses data to identify problems, construct solutions, and implement lasting change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- 15 years Information Technology experience with focus in infrastructure and security services.
- 10 years of management experience, including experience as a senior leader who has managed directors and managers. Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility in previous positions.
- Extensive experience in infrastructure implementations, upgrades, and maintenance in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendors, contracts, and budgets.
Preferred Professional Certification(s):
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to distill and present complex subject matter to executive management and board of directors.
- Ability to maintain a current understanding of the cyber threat environment for their industry and related laws and regulations and the ability to translate that knowledge to identify risk and develop actionable plans to protect the business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as HITRUST, MARS-E, SOX, PCI DSS, HITECH, HIPAA Privacy & Security and other CMS regulations and guidelines as they are updated by the Federal Government.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as NIST, PCI and others.
- Knowledge of enterprise network topologies, virtualization and container technologies, cloud infrastructure design, storage & backup technologies, mainframe, client/server, and cloud environments.
- Great with people. Demonstrated ability to manage large diverse teams.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Performs work in an office setting with moderate levels of noise, sitting for long periods of time, using computers and phones, and with exposure to fluorescent lighting.
In addition to the core company competencies of Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, and Values Diversity, candidates should have:
- Intellectual curiosity, and a can-do attitude
- Proven experience in highly complex environments
- Self-motivated and accountable for your work
- Strong attention to detail
- Champion team success over individual accomplishment
- Passionate about learning and continuous improvement
- Possess the ability to influence and manage across geographical and organizational boundaries, and work with a wide range of professionals and lead distributed virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- VP Competencies
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website