MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is a proud member of MedStar Health, the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C. region. MedStar Health combines the best aspects of academic medicine, research, and innovation with a complete spectrum of clinical services to advance patient care.
At MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, we are currently seeking a full time Inpatient Physician Assistant to join our growing team in the Department of Medicine. The selected candidate will deliver direct patient care three 12-hour night shifts per week (7pm 7:30am) with rotating weekends. This APP will function collaboratively as an integral member of a team providing coverage to patients in a challenging but highly rewarding community hospital setting. This position offers you the opportunity to become part of an organization who is well on its way to fulfilling the vision to become the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
- Education/Training - Graduation from a Physician Assistant Program accredited by ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant). Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred.
- Experience - No experience required. Previous in-patient experience preferred.
- License/Certification/Registration - NCCPA (National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants) certification. Current license with the Maryland Board of Physicians. Current BLS (Basic Life Support)/ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certifications.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains detailed and accurate histories, performs physical examinations, and reviews medical records to assess patients' health status.
- Develops treatment plans and discusses proposed course of treatment with the patient's attending physician and other healthcare team members as appropriate, including consultations and referrals.
- Initiates, performs, and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests necessary in routine and emergent care of patients
- Monitors patients and communicates significant patient findings or changes in patients' status to the appropriate physician.
- Responds to nursing and ancillary status calls.
- Writes progress notes on patients' medical record indicating patient status, treatment, and procedures performed
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Performs emergency lifesaving procedures as appropriate.
- Performs necessary rounds independently or with the attending physician
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
As a new Physician Assistant to MedStar, you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan 403-B with % employer match
Be a part of a nationally-recognized health system and the largest provider of health services in the Baltimore/Washington region. With our vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, you can expand your clinical expertise. Enjoy a rich career and a quality of life unique to Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region, which features a mix of urban, suburban and rural communities.
To learn more about this position or to apply, please send a CV to Mark Zmitravich firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital is a proud member of MedStar Health, the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C. region...
Apply on company website