Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Respiratory Therapist Certified PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Menorah Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Menorah Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Respiratory Therapist Certified PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Respiratory Therapy is best described as the assessment and treatment of patients with both acute and chronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system. Today's Respiratory Therapists have demanding responsibilities related to patient care and serve as vital members of the healthcare team. You must have a broad knowledge of the pathophysiology of the cardiopulmonary system and the complex procedures required to properly diagnose and treat patients, from the very young to the very old.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the general supervision of the RT Supervisor or Team Leader, you will perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician
- Your duties will include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy
- Your additional responsibilities will include completing documentation of in-patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment, and maintaining safety and infection control practices.
What qualifications you will need:
- Associates or Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited program
- Must hold a current Respiratory Therapist license from the State Board for Respiratory Care
- NBRC CRT
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS certification required upon hire
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross ACLS preferred upon hire
- ACLS and NRP within 6 months of hire.
- One year of recent clinical experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Menorah Medical Center is a full-service, 190 bed acute care hospital and ER. We are located in Overland Park and Leawood, Kansas. Our hospital serves the community's healthcare needs by providing compassionate care. We have world-class medical colleagues and more than 600 physicians. Our team offers exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, teens, and children. We offer some of the most advanced treatment choices available in the Kansas City region. Our hospital network continues to be a pioneer in cancer care. We are home to a certified Breast Center of Excellence, the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, and the region's only Genitourinary Cancer clinic. We offer a Robotic Surgery Center of Excellence, Women's Center, Bariatric Program, and an inpatient rehabilitation center.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Respiratory Therapist Certified PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website