This position is for current Nursing Students who have completed Fundamentals of Nursing. We are looking for individuals who want the opportunity to work closely with our Nurses to gain real life experience on a hopsital unit while still in Nursing School.
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Under the direction of the RN or LPN, assists in the individualized care of the patient to achieve the patient's highest level of wellness. Works cooperatively with others as part of a team; recognizes the importance of group goals. Performs designated clinical procedures and nonclinical support tasks essential to providing care to the patient.
- Education: High school diploma, G.E.D. and enrolled in a board-certified nursing program. Prior to employment, the nurse tech shall provide student transcripts indicating they have completed Fundamentals of Nursing from an accredited school of nursing and provide competency skills list from their learning institution. The nurse tech must remain in good standing with their school of nursing while in this role. This program is for nursing students only, if a student leaves a program for any reason, they can no longer be a nurse tech.
- Certifications: BLS Required within one month of hire
- Other: Minimum Physical Requirements
- Position requires individuals to push, pull, and/or lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Position requires prolonged standing and walking each shift
- Position requires the ability to grip, reach, bend, kneel, twist, and squat to perform duties
- Preferred Experience: EMT, Paramedic or Previous Patient Care Experience
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Patient Care Tech (CPCT), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced Unlicensed Assistant (AUA) in the State of Arkansas.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website