New York City Health & Hospitals/Elmhurst, a primary teaching affiliate of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, seeks a fulltime Pediatric Orthopedist Surgeon to join its Orthopedics team. The hospital is easily accessible by public transportation and car from all areas of New York City, New Jersey and Long Island.
Elmhurst is a high-volume, 545-bed public hospital serving an area of nearly one million people in one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse communities in the United States. Elmhursts mission has always been to provide comprehensive and high-quality health care to all, regardless of ability to pay, in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
Elmhurst is a Level I Trauma Center, Stroke Center, a 911 Receiving Hospital and an Emergency Heart Care Station. Elmhurst is a regional referral center for trauma services, cardiac catheterization, neurosurgery, Adult, Adolescent and Pediatric psychiatric services and rehabilitative medicine. The Elmhurst Orthopedic Service has proudly held the Joint Commission Advanced Certification of Hip and Knee.
- In-patient Orthopedic Care consultative service
- Opportunity for outpatient Orthopedic Care
- Teaching of medical students and house staff
- Research opportunities available
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Faculty appointment at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Graduate of an accredited medical school (MD/DO)
- Fellowship training in Orthopaedic Trauma and reconstruction
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Orthopedics
- Unrestricted NYS medical licensure, or the ability to obtain one
Please send CV along with a brief description of career interests and goals to:David Joseph, M.D.
Regional Director of Orthopedics
Elmhurst Hospital Center
79-01 Broadway, Suite D4-55
Elmhurst, NY 11373
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Apply on company website