Provides the supervision, leadership and training for all personnel on the day warehouse staff. Ensuring the security, proper location, storage, delivery and safe handling of the spirits and wine inventories by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Selects and assigns department personnel as required to meet the established departmental operating schedules, ensuring those all-departmental commitments for product receiving, stowage, product rotation and warehouse security.
- Responsible for maintaining all inventoried products in the warehouse facility and ensuring the following:
- That installed security systems, procedures, and measures are in proper working order, that their use and implementation are clearly understood by warehouse employees and that they are utilized and enforced in order to eliminate pilferage and loss of product.
- That storage guidelines and procedures are observed in order to safeguard the inventory and to maximize product quality and shelf life. That inventoried items are properly stored in designated locations in order to facilitate access for delivery.
- That company receiving procedures are regularly employed by properly trained, fully competent personnel and that established documentation procedures are consistently followed to ensure accurate entry of quantities received into the warehouse inventory control system.
- That approved, properly completed sales orders are processed, staged and relocated into delivery vehicles in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- That established documentation procedures are followed in order to ensure that timely, accurate control of sales is maintained; and that documentation of completed sales orders are forwarded to the accounting department in an accurate and timely manner.
- That approved will calls and spa orders are accurately filled and made available for pickup in a timely manner meeting all policies and procedures of such.
- That un-salable items, undelivered orders and other products temporarily removed from the warehouse inventory are properly handled, controlled, and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner. That regular physical inventories are conducted with product consistently accounted for.
- Manages 3-5 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 15+ employees in the Day Warehouse. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree from a two year college or technical school preferred; five or more years related experience, of which three to five years previous warehouse management and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift Certification
Other Requirements: Not applicable
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website