Nintendo Technology DevelopmentThe worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Taking calls, e-mails, and walk-ups and handling incidents/tickets generated from customers and support teams. Troubleshooting and coordination of additional resources to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Responds to customer calls and inquiries for assistance with positive interaction, documenting and resolving incidents in a timely manner.
- Working closely with other systems administrators to provide escalation support for advanced troubleshooting and training.
- Installs/troubleshoots client hardware/software, including Windows, Linux, Mac environments.
- Provides network support, including IDF line connections, line tracing, port configuration, and switch management.
- Responds to internal security reporting – known A/V issues, malware remediation, etc.
- Working with other internal Nintendo teams to fully resolve customer issues, utilizing Service-Now for incident tracking.
- Hardware imaging, deployment, and reclamation of Windows/Mac/Linux hardware.
- Inventory management / updates for assignment of deployed hardware.
- Approval and ordering of hardware as needed from vendors.
- Setting up new users, including accounts and access, Active Directory, hardware, desk setups, etc.
- Offboarding of users including accounts and access, hardware quarantine.
- Supports for hardware testing labs, infrastructure resources as needed.
- Meeting support, including video conferencing, telephony, conference room hardware.
- Ongoing IT support for internal projects and efforts.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 2-4 years of related experience in various system development technologies, patterns, and practices.
- Experience working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Windows / Mac / Linux hardware for troubleshooting
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of networking, including protocols, troubleshooting, connectivity, and patching
- Experience with scripting technologies (Bash, Perl, Python etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency as an Associate Systems Administrator, related position or equivalent experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website